|Austin Espinoza, Kyle Ramsey, and Courtney Maynard|
advanced to the ExxonMobil Texas Science and Engineering
Fair (not shown Alex McLain and Courtney Finke)
Navasota High School Sophomore Kyle Ramsey took first place overall at this year's East Texas Regional Science Fair held March 1 at Kilgore College. Ramsey is among eight Navasota students who have advanced to the ExxonMobil Texas Science and Engineering Fair to be held in San Antonio later this month. Ramsey also earned a trip to the Intel International Science and Engineering Fair to be held in May in Phoenix, Arizona. Also advancing to the state fair are Austin Espinoza (1st place, senior physical science), Courtney Maynard and Alex McLain (2nd place, senior physical science), Courtney Finke (3rd place, senior physical science), Sebastian Penaloza and Jonathan Acosta (1st place, junior physical science), and Clayton Ramsey (5th place, junior biological science).
Special award winners included:
Clayton Ramsey, Sebastian Penaloza, and Jonathan
Acosta advanced to the ExxonMobil Texas Science
and Engineering Fair.
- Austin Espinoza (National Society of Professional Engineers - Innovative Engineering Award)
- Diego Regalado (American Psychological Award for Achievement in Psychological Science)
- Sebastian Penaloza & Jonathan Acosta (ASM Materials Education Foundation - Most Outstanding Exhibit in Materials Science)
- Trey Stegint (WEAT/TWUA Sciece Award)
- Alex McLain & Courtney Maynard (United States Army Certificate of Achievement)
- Kyle Ramsey (United States Airforce Certificate of Achievement)
- Jackson Fultz and Austin Espinoza (United States Navy - Naval Science Award)